The wife of a former Putin ally has donated £325,000 to Boris Johnson’s Conservatives as he continues to sit on a report into Russian interference, reports Business Insider.
- The wife of a former minister in Putin’s government has become the biggest ever female donor to a political party in the UK.
- Lubov Chernukhin, who is married to ex-Russian finance minister Vladimir Chernukhin, gave £325,000 to the party in the first quarter of 2020.
- This reportedly included £45,000 for a game of tennis with Boris Johnson.
- Johnson is under pressure to release a report into Russian interference that was completed in October 2019.
- A Conservative party spokesperson said all donations are “properly and transparently declared” and “comply fully with the law.”