The Previous Daily GasLamp post refered to GE2019 as a PysOp – which stands for Pyschological Operation. So PysOp is a mission conducted by Pyschological Warfare (a little known part of the art of warfare but this is still as old as Sun Tzu.) This post expands upon that statement.
Firstly the reason, why a PysOp was needed was because Jeremy Corbyn together with the Labour party had effectively challenged the Conservatives in the 2017 snap election coming close to knocking them from power. However, Teresa May clung on as PM… she later taunted Corbyn over the desptach box that he’d never become Prime Minister, perhaps alluding to an establishment stitch up. Another election was obviously only another one or two years away. The Conservatives hoped that Brexit would be achieved and would do better against Labour but by October 2019, another Brexit Deadline had been missed.
Meanwhile, the establishment, namely newsmedia, civil service, public schools, intelligence and armed services (although not the legal profession, so much) were not too pleased with Corbyn. The armed forces were using a photo of Corbyn for target practice. The establishment would plan to ensure that Corbyn with his anti-Trump, anti-Israel, anti-nuclear-weapon, anti-war, anti-Royalty policies could never be enabled.
Who could do it?
World leaders in PysOps are the USA, Israel or Russia and these countries all have a vested interested in a Conservative Win in the GE. While the UK also has a PysOps capability, it is probably unlikely that a British military services would be used, but it could be done by other UK organisations… such as the likes of the Institute for Statecraft. To quote wikipedia, their “Integrity Initiative’s twitter account had been used to smear Corbyn and the Labour Party. The Foreign Office minister, Alan Duncan ordered an investigation into the reports and stated “Not only must [anti-Labour attacks by Statecraft] stop, I want to know why on earth it happened in the first place.” MP Chris Williamson argued that it promoted the “denigration of the Labour party and Jeremy Corbyn” and called for an inquiry.”
If the Institute for Statecraft was not used then other, equally clandestine, organisations spun off from the Deep State could also be responsible.
What is a PysOp?
The process of a PysOP is well documented and is as follows:
- clearly define the mission so that it aligns with national objectives
- need a PSYOP estimate of the situation
- prepare the plan
- media selection
- product development
- pre-testing – determines the probable impact of the PSYOP on the target audience
- production and dissemination of PSYOP material
- post-testing – evaluates audience responses
So a proposed PysOp for GE2019 could look like the following:
1. Clearly define a plan: rig the election so that the Conservatives Win.
2. PYSOP estimation: the election despite being rigged but must appear to be fair and the mismatch between expectation and rigged result could be explained by propaganda generated both before and after the election.
3. The plan was prepared and tested both re-using the successful Vote Leave strategy enabled through Cambridge Analytica (see other DailyGasLamp articles how this was achieved) and secondly tested out in the Copeland Bye Election
5. Product Development. The basic solution for this PysOp was the development of a solution that provided Situational Awareness of voter intentions. This was the solution used with Vote Leave and just upgraded for GE2019 by Dominic Cummings as described by Dominic Cummings in his blog.
6. Pre-testing. Dominic Cummings describes how pre-testing of social media ads was done on small groups then expanded out and in any case, the approach was successful in Vote Leave. Facebook allowed targeting of ads to just the people that would be most susceptible.
7. Production of PysOp material – besides the usual right wing newspapers – included the supposedly politically neutral BBC that seemed intent on creating the worst character assassination of Corbyn. Many people expressed dislike for Jeremy Corbyn, but when pressed could not be specific about the reasons why although normally pro-terrorist or ant-semitism were mentioned. As an anti-war, anti-racist, anti-zionist campaigner, Corbyn had developed quite a few enemies in the establishment… Others pointed out he did not display traditional military style leadership methods. Corbyn, indeed, led by building consensus and in the process grew the Labour Party to be the largest political party in Europe. This forming another reason why the establishment did not like him.
8. Implementation: there are multiple lines of attack here: Propaganda – full spectrum covergage, targetted ads, sock puppets and bots to retweet and encourage the right behaviour with “voter intention feedback” from automatic AI-based inspection of social media pages of targetted voters.
9. Post-testing. Finally with a complete Big Data view provided complete “situation awareness” allowed the minimum amount of vote rigging… Social Media was used to monitor the campaign and just before the Postal Vote deadline, Dominic Cummings noted that they didn’t have the numbers… so postal vote fraud was required. No doubt exact numbers of how many votes were required to push their candidates over the line (with a small margin for error) was provided for each constituency…
10. Feedback was the election result. The BBC exit poll had it spot on… but hang on… 38% of the the votes were postal vote. If, as Dominic Raab and Laura Kuenssberg mentioned before election day, the postal vote was expected to be mainly Tory… shouldn’t the exit poll be slightly different? Nope. The BBC obviously had all the intell they needed….
Everyone now agrees with the political story that Corbyn was an unpopular politician with unpopular policiies hence he lost the election. Rather than the truth: a fraudulent election fixed by computer analytics fed from illegal use of social media, automation, pyschographics and postal vote rigging. The propaganda fog from the compliant main stream media being so dense that everyone believes the narrative. No-one believes that they have been gas-lighted.